Thursday, January 25, 2024

Why cats are better than boyfriends

 


Ah yes, the age-old question... Which is better -- a cat or a boyfriend? And so as not to be sexist or speciesist, one can readily substitute "dog" for "cat" and "girlfriend" for "boyfriend."

I have been a widow for over 18 years, and have not had a boyfriend (unless you count the month I dated Steve in the summer of 2007) since before I married my late husband in 1992. 

Since May 2021, I have been sharing my home with Dexter, a rescue kitty whom the vet guesstimated was about 3 years old at the time he was taken off the streets. I had not had a pet of any kind in over 30 years, and the last time I had shared a home with a cat was in 1986 when I was still living at my father's house. (My first apartment was only a couple of blocks from my dad's house, so I could visit his kitties whenever I wanted.)

I have compiled an easy reference table, so that you can compare the relative merits of "cat" vs. "boyfriend" (or "dog" vs. "girlfriend" as the case may be):


I trust you will find this table useful. You may wish to consult it before committing to your next feline or hominoidean relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment